Tuesday 27 August 2013

My Lemon And Lime Curd Muffin Recipe

Zesty Lemon And Lime Curd Muffins- 

So light they'd be ideal for breakfast.

My amazing Lemon and Lime Curd Muffins

The Lone Male Loves Lemon

Lemon is one of my favourite flavours in the whole world. I'd rather have a slice of lemon drizzle cake over a big slab of something chocolaty. I love that slightly sour zest that comes from fresh lemon and this week received a gift of some lovely lemon and lime curd from a friend which seemed destined to go into a cake of some kind.

I love a good muffin although recently have only really made some savoury varieties so here's my first attempts at making some lemon and lime curd muffins. I used a slight variation on my recipe for cheesy Double-Gloucester Savoury Muffins and it worked well.

I didn't fancy complicating things by having a big dollop of fruity curd in the middle of my muffins. Instead I went for a light and fluffy lemon curd muffin with a gentle zesty taste of lemon and lime throughout. They were almost more like those like Madelaine style breakfast cakes you sometimes get on a continental breakfast buffet while away in countries like Spain.

My Recipe For Lemon And Lime Curd Muffins

Ingredients- Simply 5 ingredients for great lemon muffins

250 grammes of self-raising flour
150 ml milk
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 large free-range eggs

Instructions for baking my lemon and lime curd muffins

  1. I started by setting the oven at 180 Celsius. Warming up ready for baking my muffins. 
  2. I greased two silicon muffin moulds using sunflower oil 1 Cal spray. Ensuring the sides and tops of the moulds were well greased by spreading lightly with a paper towel. I know silicon moulds are supposed to be non-stock but I always like a layer between the mould and mixture. 
  3. I placed the silicon moulds on two solid baking trays for stability before pouring any mixture into them. It's a nightmare trying to move the flexible moulds whilst mixture is inside. 
  4. I then sieved the self raising flour into a large bowl. 
  5. In a separate bowl I whisked together the three eggs and added the 150 ml of milk.
  6. I made a well in the centre of the flour and added in the olive oil and the lemon and lime curd. I commenced stirring the mixture while slowly adding the egg and milk mixture while continuing to stir.
  7. I separated the mixture into the muffin moulds ensuring that the amount in each mould was around three quarters to allow the muffins to rise.
  8. I baked my cheesy savoury muffins for around 15 minutes until they started to get a golden glow on top.
  9. After leaving to cool for 5 minutes I turned the trays out and left on wire racks to cool completely
Lone Male In The Kitchen
Soft, light and delicious- My Mrs Darlington's Lemon and Lime Curd Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment