A great savoury muffin recipe that's crying out for a nice cream cheese dip
|My Sesame and Poppy Seed Savoury Muffins|
My £1.99 B + M Bargains silicon muffin mould has been getting some serious use recently. I'm definitely getting my money's worth from it.
Ingredients I used for My Sesame and Poppy Seed Muffins
(Will make 10-12 medium savoury muffins)
250 grammes of self-raising flour
100 grammes of sesame seeds
80 grammes of poppy seeds
250 ml milk
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 large free-range eggs
|The amazing speckled effect of the poppy seeds in my savoury muffins|
Baking Instructions for my sesame and poppy seed muffins
- I set the oven at 180 Celsius warming ready for the muffin trays to go in.
- I then greased my silicon muffin moulds using sunflower oil 1 Cal spray ensuring the sides and tops of the moulds. I'm cautious of just using the seemingly non-stick silicon bake ware without using something as a grease.
- I placed the silicon moulds on solid baking trays for stability when placing in the oven.
- I then mixed together the self-raising flour, sesame seeds and 70 grammes of the poppy seeds. The remaining 10 grammes can be used to top the muffins once in their moulds.
- In a separate bowl I whisked together the three eggs before stirring in the 250 ml of milk.
- I proceeded to add small amounts of the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Mixing roughly to fold the ingredients
- I then added the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the mixture and stirred into the mixture.
- I separated the mixture into the muffin moulds ensuring that the amount in each mould was around half a centimetre from the top of the mould to allow the savoury muffins to rise whilst baking.
- I then gently spooned on a fine layer of the black poppy seeds on top of the muffin mixtures to add a dark dusting from the leftover 10 grammes. I did two batches- 1 with a poppy seed topping and one without as you'll see from the images.
- I baked my seedy savoury muffins for 15 minutes until they started to go a golden colour on top.
- After leaving to cool for 5 minutes I turned the trays out ready to tuck in or transfer to a seal able container.
|A batch of savoury muffins before being baked in the oven|
|My poppy seed topped savoury muffins|